Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't Call Me Disabled

Don’t call me disabled, that is not really true.
How would you like it, if that is what I call you?
Don’t tell me I am not normal it hurts me thru and thru.
What is normal for me is not normal for you.
Just because I am ill and I am not like you.
Don’t tell me what I can’t do.

I may not be a Cadillac or a Rolls Royce
However my illness was not my choice.
For everything you tell me, that I can’t do
There is something else I CAN show you.
First you say, that I can’t walk or run.
However, I CAN still have lots of fun.
I might be in awful lot of pain.
Give me a moment I will smile again.

I talk and visit more friends then you each day.
I visit with my computer it is just another way.
For all the things you say I can’t do.
I might just agree “if” I were you.

I am just thankful that I am me!
God will help me “Be all I can be.”
You see everyone is special, in their own way.
It’s just different the way we live each day.

I might need time to adjust.
I know God is where I place my trust.
Next time you tell me, I can’t work anymore.
Oh yes I CAN, Pain is quite a chore.

Now you say, I can’t socialize.
I am here to tell you, that’s all just a lie.
Yes, I might struggle more then you.
But God gave me knowledge on how to DO.
He gives me strength to learn each day.
How to do things in a different way.

Even tho I am sick and sometimes weak,
Everyday it’s “me” to whom he will speak.

Copyright Joynheart.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilwings, you know how i feel about this poem. and to see this touched me even more tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home