Thursday, August 10, 2006

Something About ME

By Anthony

I live in the Netherlands. The doctor found out I had NF1 when i was 8 years old... I didn't have too much problems with NF through my childhood years... The lumps started when I was 17 years old. I've had many surgeries these last few years. Going to school was not easy for me, I had a hard time learning things w/having LD (learning disability) at times I felt frustrated w/not being able to do certain things... but I didn't give up just cause I have NF doesn’t mean it has me and with that I try my hardest to not let it get to me... I consider myself lucky. I have had a lot of support from family & friends and if it weren't for them I don't know where I be... I couldn't do it without them.

I work in a factory been there for 25 years I continue to keep working as long as I can... I live alone in apartment never been married don't have a girlfriend at times its not easy to be lonely. I always have my family & friends who is there for me...

My best friend Jai and I have been friends for 9+years. We call and write each other and IM. We met on the NF site years back. She is a good friend to have she understands and knows how I am feeling, she is easy to talk to and I feel so comfortable w/her. I have a hard time talking about myself but w/her I can say any thing and she knows exactly where I am coming from. I try to do the
same for her. I have a dream of meeting her one day it would make me feel better.... you never know Jai.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony,

You are amazing! You are strong and I admire that. I hope one day you too can be as blessed asi and meet Jai. She is an angel! jai and i have been friends for 10 = years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home